Friday, September 16, 2005

All My Bags are Packed

Two days before departure and I might actually have everything together! I am sure something will come up to take care of that.

I fly from Honolulu to Guam and then on to Saipan where I will meet the NOAA Ship Oscar Elton Sette to begin our three week expedition through the Northern Marianas Islands. While the inhabited portions of these islands, namely Guam and Saipan, are not the idyllic South Pacific Paradise, I am looking forward to getting up into the unpopulated northern areas where we will hopefully see less impacted coral reef areas, healthy reef fish assemblages, and possibly an active volcano or two.

I am sure the first few days will be hectic as usual, but I hope to be able to update this blog on a fairly regular basis. Stay tuned for further news...